Shabby Vintage Easter Nest

Over the past couple of weeks little hints of Easter have been popping up around my home. . .

Like this vintage themed nest cone I made to hang in my entrance hall.

Shabby Art Boutique Vintage Easter 1

It was made using materials I already had on hand. . .  the main structure being a paper mache cone.

I covered it with a piece of vintage paper using Mod Podge and when it was dry, I punched a couple of holes in the side of the cone with a nail so I could insert a hanger made from 19 gauge rusty wire.

 

Shabby Art Boutique Vintage Easter 2

The vintage egg was made using a paper mache egg that was covered with torn pieces of old book paper and sealed with Mod Podge.

It still looked a bit plain, so I added a pretty bow made from vintage lace.

Shabby Art Boutique Vintage Easter 3

 

Next came some dry nesting material from my garden, which was twisted into a wreath shape and inserted in the top of the cone as a nest for my vintage egg.

I made this sweet vintage Easter tag from an old Victorian Easter postcard and printed it on card. It hangs on the side of the cone from plumes of creamy silk ribbon.

You are most welcome to download this graphic and use it in your Easter crafting projects.

 

Shabby Art Boutique Vintage Easter Tag

My shabby vintage Easter cone was finished off with a little fresh greenery and flowers from my garden. . .

And now it adds a sweet little touch of Easter at my front door.

 

Shabby Art Boutique Vitnage Easter Nest

I’m sharing my Easter cone at this week’s link parties and with these friends: French Country Cottage, Blissful Whites Wednesday, The Vintage Farmhouse, 36th Avenue, Clean and Scentsible, Live Laugh Rowe, The DIY Dreamer, Tutorials, Tips & Tidbits – Stone Gable, Transformation ThursdayBe Inspired Friday at Common Ground.